How to link to or embed an object from an Excel file in WORD
- Open both the Word document and the Excel worksheet that contain the data that you want to create a linked object or embedded object from.
- Switch to Excel, and then select the entire worksheet, a range of cells, or the chart that you want.
- Press CTRL+C.
- Switch to the Word document, and then click where you want the information to appear.
- On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click the arrow under Paste, and then click Paste Special.
- In the As list, select Microsoft Office Excel object.
- Click Paste to insert an embedded object, or click Paste link to insert a link to the object.